Mona Elem. is having an animal fair. I guess all of the grades or at least several of them are doing something towards animals. I know the 4th graders are doing little books. The second graders are the lucky ones, that not only get to do a small 4 chapter book about their animal of choice, but also get to do display boards, to show off for the fair on Friday. Yeah for all the 2nd grade parents!!! Ki's animal of choice was the Hippo. They have been working on this for awhile at school, and were not suppose to do anything but the display board at home. Well, they ran out of time and we worked with Ki to also do 3 of his 4 chapters at home. That was such a fun things to have to do over spring break. What happened to not ever having homework over holiday breaks. I'm glad we didn't have some mini vacation planned. So to not overwhelm him, he did a chapter a day and then we did his display board this morning, it is not due until Friday, but we struggle enough trying to keep him focused enough during the week to accomplish his regular homework. I wasn't about to add any more confusion to my week. So here is the picture of his finished project. He picked out all his pictures, came up with his captions and of course drew his own pictures and built his Origami (they kind of look like bears, but that is what the picture in the origami book looked like too, Oh well!). I printed the stuff out and helped him glue it on. We have pretty creative kids.Monday, April 13, 2009
Hippopotamus, can you say that ten times fast?
Mona Elem. is having an animal fair. I guess all of the grades or at least several of them are doing something towards animals. I know the 4th graders are doing little books. The second graders are the lucky ones, that not only get to do a small 4 chapter book about their animal of choice, but also get to do display boards, to show off for the fair on Friday. Yeah for all the 2nd grade parents!!! Ki's animal of choice was the Hippo. They have been working on this for awhile at school, and were not suppose to do anything but the display board at home. Well, they ran out of time and we worked with Ki to also do 3 of his 4 chapters at home. That was such a fun things to have to do over spring break. What happened to not ever having homework over holiday breaks. I'm glad we didn't have some mini vacation planned. So to not overwhelm him, he did a chapter a day and then we did his display board this morning, it is not due until Friday, but we struggle enough trying to keep him focused enough during the week to accomplish his regular homework. I wasn't about to add any more confusion to my week. So here is the picture of his finished project. He picked out all his pictures, came up with his captions and of course drew his own pictures and built his Origami (they kind of look like bears, but that is what the picture in the origami book looked like too, Oh well!). I printed the stuff out and helped him glue it on. We have pretty creative kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
That is really cool! I'm sorry ya'll had to do that over spring break- but it does look really good!!:)
ps- i think the origami things look like hippos- especially the mouth:)
Post a Comment