Monday, July 19, 2010

Ute Stampede Carnival

Nephi has every year, their Ute stampede. This is their Rodeo week. They also have all their other festivities that go along with it, a carnival is one of them. This is the 4th summer we have been here and we have never gone, because lets face it, carnivals are never cheap, but we promised the kids last year that we would take them this year and we added in that it would probably be our only year to go. So we did go and we spent 4.5 hours there and I must say it was some of the most fun 4.5 hours that we have done in a long time. Still expensive and we still won't do it again, but at least we didn't waste our money on the kids whining and crying. They laughed and squeals and smiled they whole time, Well the big kids probably didn't squeal, but the babies definitely did. We probably could have stayed longer, but I was tired and the crowds were crazy and I had a huge headache from the people that choose to smoke.
We got there a little early because we thought it started an hour earlier, so we had about 30 minutes to waste. Over by the fair ground buildings there is a homemade merry-go-round and that is were we spent our time while waiting for the ticket booth to open. They almost had as much fun on that as they did the big mechanical rides.

We walked through the gates, and Knightin be-lined it for the car rides where he spent most of his time. His love of cars and things that move is quite entertaining at times. Nephi also had a car show in the park the next day that we took him to. I wish I had a video of his reaction when we got there and there was like 50-60 cars. He was jumping up and down and had the hugest smile ever. When I ask him which one he wanted to see first, he looked at me, and said "I want to see all of them" while waving his hands out big. He ran from one car to the next looking them over like a kid in a candy shop. I love that boy!!

A few more pictures, I got Kelten in a couple. The big kids didn't get any pictures because whoever was with the babies had the camera, since the one with the big kids were going on the rides with them. Little hard to take pictures when you are on the rides. This big slide in the picture was Knightin's second favorite ride. He would get off and jump up and run to get back in line for the next go. When he started butting in line and doing whatever to get to the front, we called it quits. He wasn't to happy with us, oh, to break a kids heart, so sad!

This picture was so that we could have some proof in the future that the others were actually at the carnival.

This will be Tay in a few years, crazy how time flies.


No comments: