Sunday, June 29, 2008

"Dirty, Dirty, Dirty Little Girl"

So, Todd and I have been working on our fence whenever we can, and to do this we need the help of the 2 older kids to watch Knightin and TJ. Just in case anyone is thinking what abusive parents, I promise that we are all outside and can hear crying and any true unhappiness, but if they are being happy we have the kids help keep them entertained. So, we are busy working on the fence, and TJ is happy sitting in the shade under the trampoline. She is laughing and seems completely enthralled in whatever she is doing. So we leave her be, why upset a good thing. Can anyone guess what she was so happily engaged in? I guess it runs in the family, at least with the girls. We could not keep Taylar away from the dirt and rocks. She loved to eat them suck on them, whatever as long as she was in the middle of it. TJ was so dirty, the backside I think was worse. So here's to a afternoon of eating dirt, rocks, bugs, and who knows what else. I am so grateful that kids are so resilient to bumps, bruises and dirt.

P.S. For those who might be curious of how the yard is coming along, I will try and get some pictures and post them. We still have a lot of dirt, but we do have less thanks to 28 yards of cement, OUCH!!! I love our cement and I know it will be fabulous this winter, not having to drive in the mud and have big runts to fix in the spring. The fence is so close to getting done, our wire is up and it is all enclosed except the gates which we hope to finish tomorrow actually, then it will be down to the top railing and cutting of the top of the too long post. That will be it for the big projects this summer, except for, if all goes well, some trees to be planted in the fall.

1 comment:

Kim Thomas said...

Too cute and very funny!